Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas from the Las Vegas Taekwon-Do Club!



Merry Christmas from LVTKD! Christmas was great- I loved watching people open their gifts, opening my own gifts, doing Christmas-y things and doing Taekwon-Do! Since it's Friday, I had Taekwon-Do- even though it is a holiday- by myself, because no one else wanted to come. Later, though, after doing all the patterns and Free Sparring Patterns except #10 and my black belt patterns, my dad and fellow Taekwon-Doin came over and I taught him his new techniques and the pattern Won-Hyo- he and my brother Roman both got their green belts! Then after that, I finished up the patterns and did some kicks on pads, and then ran, crab walked, and duck walked back and forth a few times, then stretched and ended my class at 5:30 as usual. Not to brag or anything, but I am proud to say that I love Taekwon-Do so much that I wanted to do it on Christmas! Also, for Christmas I got a few Taekwon-Do presents- a movie called Tae Kwon Do: Presented by Bob Wall that shows an interview with General Choi Hong-Hi and some exercises that he does, as well as some other TKD guys doing patterns and breaking and more (it's worth owning, but it has really bad editing), a book called 'A Killing Art: The Untold History of Tae Kwon Do' (that talks about the creation of ITF and WTF Taekwon-Do, and some other TKD stuff) and a shelf that I can move all my Taekwon-Do books on and my some of my trophies (they might double as good book ends!), and there is room for other stuff as well. And for the rest of my family, my little sister Jessi (the Taekwon-Do baby) got a doll with a martial arts uniform and some belts. It comes with all the Taekwon-Do belts, as well as an additional purple belt, brown belt, and orange belt. (she can use those non-TKD belts to tie up the girl's hair!) and she likes the extra outfit that comes with it -just normal clothes. And I got my dad a book called Mind Manipulation, and another book about the same thing, that tells of how to use your opponents' minds against them in martial arts and in life. He says it is good so far! I made Master Bosse a LVTKD logo, painted on wood, and we all got him 'A Killing Art' as well- I hope that it is a good book! But with Master Bosse reading it, we will find out if it tells the truth or not! And, of course, I got and gave some other cool stuff, too, but I'm not going to post that- this is a Taekwon-Do blog, not a Christmas website!

Well, Merry Christmas to All and to All a Taekwon!
Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment


October- How Many TKD Events Have You Been To? (tournament, demos, ect.)

About Polls

You can vote on these LVTKD polls whenever you want. I believe you can whether you have a Google account or not, but if I am wrong, please comment on any post. They are just for fun! After the polls end, the results will be written below for anyone to view!





Poll Results:

September- How did you discover your TKD classes?
An add somewhere- 1
A website or blog-0
A Taekwon-Do demo-0
A friend or someone you know-3
I saw or went to the do-jang-0
Other-0







August- Which of the below do you like the best?



Patterns- 1



Sparring-1



Board Breaking- 0



Pre-Arranged Free Sparring, Ho Sin Sul, ect- 1



All of them! -2



None of them- 0



I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0











July- How Often Do You Practice TKD at Home?







Every day! -7







Mostly every day -1







A few times a week -0







Every few weeks -0







Monthly- 0







Only before a test- 0







Never- 0























June- Why Did You Join Taekwon-Do in the First Place?







For the exercise- 0







For the self-defence- 0







To learn to fight -0







Because martial arts sounded cool- 1







Because someone I know joined- 4







Other-0







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0























May- What would you give up for Taekwon-Do?







Your cell phone- 1







Your video games - 1







Your books- 1







Your jewlery- 3







Your TV/movies- 1







Your voice- 1







Your hair-1







Are you crazy? None of the above!- 0







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0























April- Where is your favorite place to practice Taekwon-Do? At the do-jang (TKD training hall)- 2







Outside/in nature-2







At my house-0







In the store-0







Anytime, almost anywhere-1







In nice empty rooms-0







I don't like practicing-0







I don't take Taekwon-Do-0























March- What's Your Favorite Color Belt Pattern?







Chon-Ji- 2







Dan-Gun- 0







Do-San- 2







Won-Hyo- 1







Yul-Guk- 3







Joong-Gun-0







Toi-Gye-0







Hwa-Rang- 1







Choong-Moo-2







All of them!- 2







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0







I don't take this style-0























Febuary-What Do You Like Best About This Blog?







The posts with stories, words, ect-0







The videos-0







The pictures-0







The TKD information-0







Other-0







Everything! 2







I don't like this blog- 1 (why?!)























January- Do You Take Taekwon-Do?







Yes-3







No, but I am interested- 1







Yes, but not this style- 0







No, and I don't want to- 0







I used to- 0