Friday, August 20, 2010

My goodbye to Las Vegas Taekwon-Do Club

Wednesday was my last class at the Las Vegas Taekwon-Do Club. I am sad to leave my beloved Taekwon-Do classes in Nevada, and our great instructor and his kind wife, but I will continue to practice Taekwon-Do- at home and at a new do-jang near the location I moved to.

This Wednesday, LVTKD Mt. Charleston Taekwon-Do was moved to the outside of the Lundy Elementary School, at Mt. Charleston. It isn't inside of the building yet, but there is still hope of achieving this goal! For the final time coming from me, please tell anyone you know about Taekwon-Do and spread the joy of being a part of this fantastic martial art, and keep Taekwon-Do at Mt. Charleston going.

This is my last post here concerning things about the LVTKD do-jangs. I will post every so often about tournaments coming to locations in Las Vegas, and I will continue to keep the polls going, but that will be all. So for my last post as an LVTKD student, I want to thank all of the people who I've trained with over the years.

Thank you to the Whitney Ranch Rec Center students whom I trained with for nearly three years. With you, I set off on my Taekwon-Do journey.

Thank you to the students at the Heinrich YMCA, whom I trained with for only a few months and saw at End of the Month Tournaments and Red and Black Belt classes. You helped me get my black belt and become a good competitor.

Thank you to the Mt. Charleston Taekwon-Doins, that I trained with for over a year and that helped me become a better teacher.

Thank you to all of the students that were my sparring partners, especially the very brave ones, that helped me to become better at sparring.

Thank you to every person who helped me with my patterns, and everyone who allowed me to help them with theirs.

Thank you to every student that ever did step-sparring and ho sin sul with me. Sorry for having to throw you around.

Thank you to my fellow End of The Month Tournament-goers, who assisted me in becoming a better competitor.

And most of all, thank you to Master Bosse, without him, my Taekwon-Do journey would have never began.

For the last time,
Taekwon,
Patricia

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just spotted your blog and you're leaving? I'm only a kup (hopefully 4th if all goes well on Sunday) but interested in learning about other people's ITF training and stories. I train in the north of England and on Sunday will be meeting the president of the UKTA. ITF TKD is strong in England though the larger clubs seem to be down south. We have some amazing instructors here. If you are ever visiting England let me know and I can send more information on clubs to visit and continue training with.

    Will you be continuing another blog? All the best with your future training.
    Yours in TaeKwon-Do.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hopefully other LVTKD students will post their Taekwon-Do stories, info, pictures, videos, ect. I was the only one who ever posted, except for very rarely when others posted. I still have hopes, though!
    There is a posibility that I'll post on another blog. If I do, I'll leave a comment or add into my profile here about it and leave the link! I'm glad you enjoy the blog, and good luck on your 4th gup!
    Taekwon,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete


October- How Many TKD Events Have You Been To? (tournament, demos, ect.)

About Polls

You can vote on these LVTKD polls whenever you want. I believe you can whether you have a Google account or not, but if I am wrong, please comment on any post. They are just for fun! After the polls end, the results will be written below for anyone to view!





Poll Results:

September- How did you discover your TKD classes?
An add somewhere- 1
A website or blog-0
A Taekwon-Do demo-0
A friend or someone you know-3
I saw or went to the do-jang-0
Other-0







August- Which of the below do you like the best?



Patterns- 1



Sparring-1



Board Breaking- 0



Pre-Arranged Free Sparring, Ho Sin Sul, ect- 1



All of them! -2



None of them- 0



I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0











July- How Often Do You Practice TKD at Home?







Every day! -7







Mostly every day -1







A few times a week -0







Every few weeks -0







Monthly- 0







Only before a test- 0







Never- 0























June- Why Did You Join Taekwon-Do in the First Place?







For the exercise- 0







For the self-defence- 0







To learn to fight -0







Because martial arts sounded cool- 1







Because someone I know joined- 4







Other-0







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0























May- What would you give up for Taekwon-Do?







Your cell phone- 1







Your video games - 1







Your books- 1







Your jewlery- 3







Your TV/movies- 1







Your voice- 1







Your hair-1







Are you crazy? None of the above!- 0







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0























April- Where is your favorite place to practice Taekwon-Do? At the do-jang (TKD training hall)- 2







Outside/in nature-2







At my house-0







In the store-0







Anytime, almost anywhere-1







In nice empty rooms-0







I don't like practicing-0







I don't take Taekwon-Do-0























March- What's Your Favorite Color Belt Pattern?







Chon-Ji- 2







Dan-Gun- 0







Do-San- 2







Won-Hyo- 1







Yul-Guk- 3







Joong-Gun-0







Toi-Gye-0







Hwa-Rang- 1







Choong-Moo-2







All of them!- 2







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0







I don't take this style-0























Febuary-What Do You Like Best About This Blog?







The posts with stories, words, ect-0







The videos-0







The pictures-0







The TKD information-0







Other-0







Everything! 2







I don't like this blog- 1 (why?!)























January- Do You Take Taekwon-Do?







Yes-3







No, but I am interested- 1







Yes, but not this style- 0







No, and I don't want to- 0







I used to- 0