Saturday, July 17, 2010

Not nervous anymore


Above: someone doing a Taekwon-Do pattern

Mysterious- I don't get nervous anymore. Since performing a play a few months ago, I haven't been nervous. I wasn't nervous when acting, didn't get nervous when going to the past end-of-the-month tournaments since May; I seem to have lost my ability to be nervous in competition! How did this happen? I guess I just get so into what I am doing, the nervousness doesn't come. It is kind of hard to explain. It is a bit easier with acting, and slightly harder with Taekwon-Do. But I can do what I want when in the pressure of the moment without being nervous. I wish I could tell other people how to do this. I guess that you just need to think of what you are doing- for example, your pattern,- and only think of that. It stops the nervousness from coming. If you stop thinking of being nervous, the nervous feeling dissapears. Has anyone else had this happen? Though I can't say that when thinking of doing certain things I don't get nervous, but when I actually get out there to do what I want, the nervousness goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment


October- How Many TKD Events Have You Been To? (tournament, demos, ect.)

About Polls

You can vote on these LVTKD polls whenever you want. I believe you can whether you have a Google account or not, but if I am wrong, please comment on any post. They are just for fun! After the polls end, the results will be written below for anyone to view!





Poll Results:

September- How did you discover your TKD classes?
An add somewhere- 1
A website or blog-0
A Taekwon-Do demo-0
A friend or someone you know-3
I saw or went to the do-jang-0
Other-0







August- Which of the below do you like the best?



Patterns- 1



Sparring-1



Board Breaking- 0



Pre-Arranged Free Sparring, Ho Sin Sul, ect- 1



All of them! -2



None of them- 0



I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0











July- How Often Do You Practice TKD at Home?







Every day! -7







Mostly every day -1







A few times a week -0







Every few weeks -0







Monthly- 0







Only before a test- 0







Never- 0























June- Why Did You Join Taekwon-Do in the First Place?







For the exercise- 0







For the self-defence- 0







To learn to fight -0







Because martial arts sounded cool- 1







Because someone I know joined- 4







Other-0







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0























May- What would you give up for Taekwon-Do?







Your cell phone- 1







Your video games - 1







Your books- 1







Your jewlery- 3







Your TV/movies- 1







Your voice- 1







Your hair-1







Are you crazy? None of the above!- 0







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0























April- Where is your favorite place to practice Taekwon-Do? At the do-jang (TKD training hall)- 2







Outside/in nature-2







At my house-0







In the store-0







Anytime, almost anywhere-1







In nice empty rooms-0







I don't like practicing-0







I don't take Taekwon-Do-0























March- What's Your Favorite Color Belt Pattern?







Chon-Ji- 2







Dan-Gun- 0







Do-San- 2







Won-Hyo- 1







Yul-Guk- 3







Joong-Gun-0







Toi-Gye-0







Hwa-Rang- 1







Choong-Moo-2







All of them!- 2







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0







I don't take this style-0























Febuary-What Do You Like Best About This Blog?







The posts with stories, words, ect-0







The videos-0







The pictures-0







The TKD information-0







Other-0







Everything! 2







I don't like this blog- 1 (why?!)























January- Do You Take Taekwon-Do?







Yes-3







No, but I am interested- 1







Yes, but not this style- 0







No, and I don't want to- 0







I used to- 0