Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Mt. Charleston Class





Wow! We have four white belts, one gold stripe, one gold belt, three green belts, two blue stripes, one red belt, one black belt, and Master Bosse in our class! That makes 13 students plus one instructor! That's a lot of students for our small Mt. Charleston class- it doesn't seem so small anymore! Here are some pictures from a few days ago, and this is before another new student joined yesterday, and on a day when not all the students were there! Our little Do-Jang Garage is getting pretty crowded now, are we going to have to find someplace bigger? But new students are still welcome, so don't hesitate to come to class! Also, congratulations to Gino, Gabriel, and Sebastian for their new belt promotions, and to Roman, my dad, and Austin for their upcoming tests!

And speaking of new belt promotians, even if this might sound kind of silly, at the Whitney Ranch class the students were always saying that the new belts smelled like different kinds of candy- the gold belts were supposed to smell like honey, the blue belts like cotton candy, the red belts like cherry, ect. Me and my brother, once Whitney Ranch students, don't remember what they other ones were supposed to smell like, but I believe that one of them was supposed to smell like chocolate. I have never found them to smell like anything. MythBuster-type test: Do new belts really smell like candy? Take a whiff of your next new belt to find out for yourself! I don't believe it, but my brother and lots of the Whitney Ranch students say at least some of them do! So comment to share the test results of this (clearly a myth, I think) Whitney Ranch TKD myth!

1 comment:

  1. Also, I don't exactly know what I am doing in the picture of me teaching... it looks like an almost-something. Maybe I was teaching him the hand positions of the low-block. Anyway, that isn't a real technique.

    ReplyDelete


October- How Many TKD Events Have You Been To? (tournament, demos, ect.)

About Polls

You can vote on these LVTKD polls whenever you want. I believe you can whether you have a Google account or not, but if I am wrong, please comment on any post. They are just for fun! After the polls end, the results will be written below for anyone to view!





Poll Results:

September- How did you discover your TKD classes?
An add somewhere- 1
A website or blog-0
A Taekwon-Do demo-0
A friend or someone you know-3
I saw or went to the do-jang-0
Other-0







August- Which of the below do you like the best?



Patterns- 1



Sparring-1



Board Breaking- 0



Pre-Arranged Free Sparring, Ho Sin Sul, ect- 1



All of them! -2



None of them- 0



I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0











July- How Often Do You Practice TKD at Home?







Every day! -7







Mostly every day -1







A few times a week -0







Every few weeks -0







Monthly- 0







Only before a test- 0







Never- 0























June- Why Did You Join Taekwon-Do in the First Place?







For the exercise- 0







For the self-defence- 0







To learn to fight -0







Because martial arts sounded cool- 1







Because someone I know joined- 4







Other-0







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0























May- What would you give up for Taekwon-Do?







Your cell phone- 1







Your video games - 1







Your books- 1







Your jewlery- 3







Your TV/movies- 1







Your voice- 1







Your hair-1







Are you crazy? None of the above!- 0







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0























April- Where is your favorite place to practice Taekwon-Do? At the do-jang (TKD training hall)- 2







Outside/in nature-2







At my house-0







In the store-0







Anytime, almost anywhere-1







In nice empty rooms-0







I don't like practicing-0







I don't take Taekwon-Do-0























March- What's Your Favorite Color Belt Pattern?







Chon-Ji- 2







Dan-Gun- 0







Do-San- 2







Won-Hyo- 1







Yul-Guk- 3







Joong-Gun-0







Toi-Gye-0







Hwa-Rang- 1







Choong-Moo-2







All of them!- 2







I don't take Taekwon-Do- 0







I don't take this style-0























Febuary-What Do You Like Best About This Blog?







The posts with stories, words, ect-0







The videos-0







The pictures-0







The TKD information-0







Other-0







Everything! 2







I don't like this blog- 1 (why?!)























January- Do You Take Taekwon-Do?







Yes-3







No, but I am interested- 1







Yes, but not this style- 0







No, and I don't want to- 0







I used to- 0